Travel Guide for Marathon Attractions
Stay Busy During Your Marathon Travel
There are many Marathon things to do at Coral Lagoon. Marathon is a tropical paradise that has retained its historic charm from its 19th century founding as a fishing village. Marathon travel is easy as it is home to only one of two private airports in the Florida Keys.
Our Adventure Concierge provides access to various Marathon attractions. Let us help you plan these activities for your Marathon travel:
Fishing: Marathon offers big game fishing in the Florida Keys. The Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean provide glimmering blue waters for your fishing adventures. Spear fishing is also available.
Diving and Snorkeling: Just three miles off shore of Marathon is the only living coral reef in North America. Discover natural ecosystems and marine life in the Caribbean.
Water Sport Adventures: Parasailing, Kiteboarding, sunset cruises, Waverunners and more are available for your Marathon travel.
Eco Tours: Kayak around Turtle Island for a guided eco tour and experience the exotic tropical wildlife that lives in the Florida Keys.
Don't miss these nearby Marathon Attractions:
- Crane Point: Tour the Children's Museum, Marathon Wild Bird Center, Museum of Natural History, Adderley Town Historic Site and a nature trail system when you visit this 64-acre park.
- Bahia Honda State Park: Home to one of the world's top beaches and unusual animals and plants.
- Seven Mile Bridge: This Marathon attraction is the longest bridge in the Florida Keys. It measures 35,716 feet.
- Sombrero Reef: One of the best areas to visit when exploring the living coral reef in the Florida Keys. Located at mile marker 50, this reef is popular with tourists when diving and snorkeling.
- Sombrero Beach: Recently renovated, this 12.6 acre beach is a perfect family destination with walkways, picnic areas and creative landscaping.
- Coco Plum Beach: A small, quiet, dog friendly natural beach.
- Pigeon Key: A construction camp for the Overseas Railing in the 1900s, this Marathon attraction is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Turtle Hospital: Witness the rehabilitation of injured and sick turtles during a guided tour at the hospital, located right next door to the hotel.
- Dolphin Research Center: This family friendly activity offers in-water encounters with marine animals.